All comments on the Record-Eagle blogs are first held for moderation where they must be approved by the Webmaster or another staff member.
We will allow:
- Opinions some people will find offensive;
- Conversation that is simply strident in tone;
- Criticism of public officials;
- Criticism of people who are subjects of blogs or stories;
- Opinions that can ignite fireworks of counter and other opinions.
We reserve the right to remove comments that:
- Make false statements about a person, business or institution;
- Reference the personal health, sexual activity or other private matters about the subject of a blog or a story or a commenter, or someone related to a blog or story subject or commenter;
- Make threatening statements or suggest violence;
- Accuse someone of criminal activity;
- Display religious, racial or ethnic intolerance;
- Make crude statements about a child or children;
- Include swearing or obscenity;
- Include explicit name-calling such as “moron” or “peeping Tom”;
- Are unrelated to the blog, story or other comments.
If you have questions about this policy, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.